Book Retailing and Marketing
Creating a book is one thing. Selling it is quite another. We have extensive knowledge of the marketing challenge and sales solutions when it comes time to sell your book. Although most clients and authors who publish with us plan to do some of their own selling, we can provide the following:
- Put the book on our on-line stores, www.TheKansasCityStore.com and www.PickleDishStore.com (for quilt titles), as well as in our two local stores – on the Country Club Plaza and in Union Station. We can also help market the book to area bookstores. For quilt authors, Kansas City Star Quilts maintains relationships with more than 5,000 quilt shops across the United States, in Canada and abroad, as well as with the industry's largest distributors.
- At no cost to authors or clients, print a series of advertisements in The Kansas City Star promoting sales of the book through our on-line store, our two stores and area bookstores.
- At no cost to authors or clients, create an email-marketing campaign to customer lists of TheKansasCityStore.com and PickleDishStore.com and to any other list the author or client might supply.
- We can also provide clients with warehousing services and with their own customized e-commerce site for selling their book.
- We also are active on Facebook and Twitter.